UPDATED: June 4, 2018
Welcome to BuildProApps.com, a wholly owned brand of Star Summit Media Inc. (“Star Summit Media Inc.”, “we” “our” or “us”), a Canadian corporation.
We have a very simple approach to data protection and privacy, which is that:
- You should know exactly what we do with your data; and
- You should have full control over your data.
We have designed the Website to give you control over the information you provide using Star Summit Media Inc. and other sites and services to which you connect your Star Summit Media Inc. account. Please take full advantage of these tools and make sure you only provide information or content that you want to provide.
Information we collect about you We collect personal information about you from various sources, such as:
(a) Information provided by you
You do not need to provide us with any personal information in order to visit the Website. However, certain Services do require that you register for an MyMy Music account and, by doing so, you will provide us with certain personal information:
- (i) Essential Information: When users create any kind of Star Summit Media Inc. account, we ask for information such as your name, organization name, mobile phone number, email address, billing address, and credit card information.
- (ii) Profile Information: For your profile on Site, you must provide a user name. You may choose, at your discretion, to provide additional information for your profile. For example:
- Your real name
- A profile picture or avatar
- Information about you
- Your interests
- Your website
- Your blog
- Your portfolio
None of this profile information is mandatory and any information you do provide may be deleted, edited, changed or amended by you at any time. For more information, see the “Choice and Control” section below
(b) Information from correspondence: You will provide certain personal information if you contact us by email, use any of the web forms on the Website, or contact us by mail, fax or other offline means.
(c) Survey Information: If you participate in any survey, you will provide certain personal information as part of your response, unless you respond anonymously.
(d) Information that you post: You may provide personal information when you upload sounds to the Platform, or when you post comments, or contribute to community discussions.
(e) Information we collect automatically: There is certain information that we collect automatically as the result of your use of the Platform or through the use of web analytics services. This information includes:
- (i) The Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device from which you access the Platform (this can sometimes be used to derive the country or city from which you are accessing the Platform)
- (ii) The site that you visited immediately prior to visiting the Website
- (iii) The specific actions that you take on the Platform, including the pages that you visit, streaming or downloading sounds, uploading or recording sounds, connecting your Facebook or other accounts, sharing a track with another user, following or un-following another user, joining or leaving a group, posting a comment, or performing a search
- (iv) Any search terms that you may enter on the Website
- (v) The time, frequency and duration of your visits to the Platform
- (vi) Your browser type and operating system
- (vii) The nature of the device from which you are accessing the Platform, for example, whether you are accessing the Platform from a personal computer or from a mobile device
- (viii) Information collected through cookies and similar technology
Information from Other Sources
BuildProApps.com allows you to sign up and log in using your Facebook or Google+ account. If you sign up using Facebook, Facebook will ask your permission to share certain information from your Facebook account with BuildProApps.com. This includes your public profile, email address and user friends. If you sign up using Google+, Google+ will receive your first name, last name, and email address.
If you sign up to use BuildProApps.com using Facebook, your account will be connected automatically to your Facebook account, and information regarding your activity on BuildProApps.com will be shared with Facebook and will be published in your timeline and your Facebook friends’ newsfeeds. If you do not wish to share your BuildProApps.com activity with your Facebook friends, you can control this from the Settings page on the Website. For more information, see the “Choice and Control” section below. If you signed up using Facebook by mistake, you can delete your account from the Account page within your Settings at any time, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we use your personal information
We use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- Your email address and password are used to identify you when you log into the Platform.
- Any additional information that you provide as part of your public profile, such as your real name and links to your website will be published on your profile page. This information will be publicly accessible and may be viewed by anyone accessing the Website, or using the APP or other Services. Please bear this in mind when considering whether to provide any additional information about yourself.
- If you subscribe to a premium account, your name, address and payment verification information will be used to process your account subscription and to collect your payment. All payment verification information is transmitted using industry-standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. Star Summit Media Inc. also complies with the Payment Card Industry Security Standards.
- Your email address will be used to send you service updates and notifications regarding your account, and (if you have elected to receive them using your account preferences) newsletters, marketing messages and certain email notifications. For information about how to change your preferences, and to unsubscribe from newsletters, marketing messages and email notifications. Please see the “Choice and Control” section below.
Your personal information is also used for the following general purposes:
- To operate and maintain your BuildProApps.com account, and to provide you with access to the Website and use of the Apps and any Services that you may request from time to time.
- To seek your participation in surveys, and to conduct and analyze the results of those surveys, if you choose to participate.
- To provide you with technical support.
- To analyze the use of the Platform, the people visiting the Website and their use of the Apps and Services, in order to improve BuildPoApps.com.
- To respond to you about any comment or enquiry you have submitted.
- To customize your use of the Platform and/or the content of any email newsletter or other material that we may send to you from time to time.
- To consider you for receipt of certain advertisements which may be of interest to you.
- For other purposes, provided we disclose it to you at the relevant time, and provided you agree to the proposed use of the relevant personal information.
Sharing of your personal information
Other Users: Any personal information in your public profile (other than your email address) will be accessible by other users of the Platform who may view your profile information.
With your consent: We will disclose your personal information if you have explicitly agreed that we may do so. We will make this clear to you at the point at which we collect your information.
Service Providers: We use reputable third parties to provide us with certain specialized services related to the Platform. These third parties will have access to certain information about you, but only where this is necessary in order for those third parties to provide their services to us. Where we transfer personal information to these third parties, we require these third parties to implement appropriate organizational and technical security measures to protect against unauthorized disclosure of personal information, and only to process personal information in accordance with our instructions and to the extent necessary to provide their services to us.
Other networks and connected apps: If you choose to connect your Site account to other apps or social networks such as Facebook and Google+ you will be sharing certain information with these apps or networks. Star Summit Media Inc. is not responsible for these other apps or networks, so please make sure you only connect your account with apps or services that you trust. For information on how to control the information that you provide, and how to disconnect your account from other networks or apps, please see the “Choice and Control” section below.
As aggregated data: We may aggregate your personal data with similar data relating to other users of the Platform in order to create statistical information regarding the Platform and its use, which we may then share with third parties or make publicly available. However, no such information will include any email address or other contact information, or anything that could be used to identify you individually, either online or in real life.
If required by law: We will disclose your personal information if we believe in good faith that we are permitted or required to do so by law, including in response to a court order, subpoena or other legal demand or request.
To protect our interests: We may disclose your personal information if we feel this is necessary in order to protect or defend our legitimate rights and interests, or those of our users, employees, directors or shareholders, and/or to ensure the safety and security of the Platform and/or the BuildProApps.com community.
In the context of a business transfer: We may transfer your personal information to any person or company that acquires all or substantially all of the assets or business of Star Summit Media Inc., or on a merger of our business, or in the event of our insolvency.
Choice and Control
We do our best to give you as much choice as possible regarding the amount of personal information you provide to us and the control you have over that information. It is not necessary for you to provide us with any information in order to visit the Website, although certain information will be collected automatically by virtue of your visit (as described above). However, if you do decide to register a BuildProApps.com account, you can control your personal information as described below.
Users will receive platform notifications to the email address on file.
Users may unsubscribe from email newsletters at any time by clicking on the link at the end of each email.